Diocese of Rupert’s Land, Anglican Church of Canada
Diocese of Rupert’s Land, Career Ad: Diocesan Discipleship Developer. June 2023
We are part of an international faith community bound together through the proclamation of the Good News of Jesus Christ, sacramental worship and responding compassionately to those in need. The Anglican Diocese of Rupert’s Land encompasses 65 Anglican parishes in southern Manitoba and northwestern Ontario. Our Diocesan staff, located in Winnipeg, work to support, and serve the clergy, lay leaders, and members of our parishes as we all discern the opportunities and gifts God has given us to participate in God’s mission to the world, in the spirit of love and service.
The Diocese of Rupert’s Land is eager to thrive. Over the past several years we have experienced some decline which has, in some parishes, been accelerated by the COVID19 pandemic. But the perceived instability has led to a renewed commitment to the mission, vision, and particular gifts, of the Anglican Church in our communities. We find ourselves at a moment of unique opportunity to reinvest in our parishes, in our Diocese and in one another. We are looking for an insightful and talented leader who, in the spirit of collaboration, can cultivate, nurture, and guide the renewal of disciples, develop evangelists, and encourage leaders in our parishes, joining with us to passionately and creatively respond to the challenges and opportunities that are before us.
Reporting to the Bishop of Rupert’s Land, our Diocesan Discipleship Developer is a leader and professional who will focus with creativity, commitment, collaboration, and compassion in working to discern the needs and develop the gifts of clergy, lay-leaders, and members of our parishes:
• In collaboration with the Bishop, developing and recommending a Diocesan Discipleship Strategy.
• Managing and facilitating ministry and discipleship discernment, development, formation, and ordination processes/programs of the Diocese with the relevant leadership teams.
• Facilitating the development of Diocesan and parish lay leader disciples and lay disciples.
• Identifying opportunities to develop new Diocesan ministries.
• Supporting and working in collaboration with St John’s College, the University of Manitoba, to develop its role as the educational institution of the Diocese.
• Supporting and promoting Rupert’s Land alignment with the national church strategic plan.
• Vehicle travel will be required.
What You Offer
• Degree (graduate training preferred) in relevant fields including theology, ministry training and development, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in parish ministry, developing individuals and teams, developing training and education programs, developing and equipping disciples within the community of the church.
• Demonstrated skills/competencies related to growing relevant networks and relationships within the church, managing divergent or competing perspectives.
What We Offer
• A full-time position (40 hours per week) on a 5-year term basis (renewable), based in Winnipeg with an attractive employment package encompassing competitive pay and a full range of benefit plans including pension and extended health along with support for your ongoing professional development.
• Flexibility to work remotely as appropriate.
• The opportunity to collaborate with passionate and committed people.
A detailed job description is available upon request. We invite you to submit your application/resume with your cover letter in confidence via email, including three references and compensation expectations, by August 1, 2023.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (204) 992-4212
Diocese of Rupert’s Land, Anglican Church of Canada; 935 Nesbitt Bay, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 1W6
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.